As part of our continued inquiry into childhood curiosities, one student expressed interest in wondering what the world would be like if it was run by kids. We decided to add this to our daily question by asking students: “If kids were in charge, what’s one thing you would change about the world?”
Here are some of our favorite responses:
1. All kids, aged 5 and up can drive any vehicle.
2. There would be real money trees.
3. Every day you have to stop what you’re doing and have a dance party at 2pm.
4. There would be giant tacos.
5. Real wizards would guard every town.
6. All houses would be bouncy houses.
7. There wouldn’t be any computer scams. If it says the game is free, it would be free.
8. No vegetables.
9. The world would be way more sparkly.
10. School is optional, and you could only learn fun or interesting things.
11. Buildings would be made out of candy.
12. One day a month the adults could check in and make sure we’re doing a good job.
13. There would be no bullies.
14. Vacations on the moon.
15. There would be no more wars. All conflicts would be solved by paintball fight. Whoever is covered in the least amount of paint is the winner and they get their way.
They might be on to something…